Friday, July 18, 2008

last week of work

So, it is Kendra once again. It was a wonderful week and I learned a lot. My favorite two days were Wednesday and Thursday. I spent them on the ranch and took measurements on the legumes for the forage study. Also, on Thursday I was able to work with Don Porfilio one last time. We spent a few hours weeding and moving seedlings around. I have a great deal of respect for him and have learned so much about work ethic from him. He has a steady and peaceful spirit that I find quite refreshing from the busy life that I know in the United States. God has taught me a lot about peace and being still this summer. He has taught me about not fretting and having total dependence upon him. I am not the quickest learner, but God has been very patient with me. I am so thankful for all that God has revealed to me this summer. He is so great.

Well, I am excited about Roatan. It should be amazing. Then I will hopefully be flying home a week from tomorrow. I am excited to see my family, boyfriend and friends. It has truly been an unforgettable summer.

No comments: