Thursday, July 10, 2008

Weekends on the Ranch

On the weekends, the interns get to relax and find something to do not involving work.  Usually the weekend starts with the interns riding horses.   This past Saturday was the same as we decided to take an early morning ride.  It had to be the best day possible to ride because the weather was perfect in every sense.  It was a normal ride except for the fact that I had to constantly whip Jorjuito so that he would move and stay on the trail.  When we finished riding, we headed up to Tres Pillas for an afternoon of fun, at least we think it was tres pillas but aren't really sure.  The first waterfall that we saw was about a hundred feet tall with a pool at the bottom where we could swim.  Right beside the waterfall was a cave that is about 8 kilometers long, but since we had no lights, we couldn't explore.  I decided to wonder off on my own a little bit and follow the river down to see what else it had in store.  I discovered another waterfall that I thought we could jump off of so I went to tell the others.  We all made our way down but had to figure out how we could get to the bottom to check it out first.  I decided to walk around which was a waste because by the time I got to the bottom, Kyle had already made his way down.  I was right about the waterfall, we could jump because the pool was deep enough but as we discovered this, it began to rain which brought our fun to a halt for the day.  I'm hoping that we will get to go back before we leave.  On Saturday night, we invited Shelly over to the ranch for the most American meal I've had while down here.  We had poppyseed chicken and green bean casserole followed up by some dump cake that Shelly made.  It was one of the best meals we've had so far.  This Sunday was an exciting day for me because I was expecting some of my friends from school to be here.  I woke up and headed up the hill Sunday to see them before they headed off to work.  Usually on Sundays, Kyle makes pancakes for us but unfortunately we were out of mix.  Sunday lunch at Mario's definitely made up for it though.  I didn't get to eat with the interns the last time so I didn't know how good it actually was other than what they had told me.  After lunch, we hung out in San Marcos until time for church and then went back to the ranch to eat with the group.  Well thats pretty much all that we did this past weekend on the ranch and sadly we only have two more.  As for now, hasta luego amigos!
Loren

No comments: